People are often confused about whether they should invest in motion detectors or window sensors. Both of them have their separate pros and cons. Acquiring the proper knowledge before investing money is essential. Here is everything you need to know about high security.
What Are High Security Motion Detectors?
Before understanding whether it is worth it or not let’s understand what it actually means. The main task performed by motion detectors is that they compare the current condition of the room from the previous one. Basically, it detects unwanted movements in the house by detecting body heat. Once the burglar enters the detection range, the detector is triggered.
Moreover, if you are thinking about installing a motion detector make sure you install it near the areas burglars usually enter through. Place it near the front door, back door, garage door, etc.
Positive Side Of Installing High Security Motion Detectors
- Thieves inside the house can easily be caught
- Easy installation
- Almost every unwanted movement is captured and the alarm is triggered
Negative Side Of Installing High Security Motion Detectors
- False detections are commonly seen as it is triggered even by flying insects, curtains, fans, etc.
- It might not be a good option if you have a pet at home.
- Motion detectors usually run in intervals.
- Some sensors emit Ultrasonic waves and it is dangerous for humans to stay in contact with such waves for long.
If the burglar tries to break-in using the windows, the sensors will be triggered immediately. You can opt for contact sensors that are triggered if the window is opened. Other than that, you can go for glass breaking sensors that act on the sound of glass breaking. Intruders mostly use windows to enter hence, protecting them is important.
They can be placed on any side of the window in order to give accurate results.
- There are few or no chances of false alarms.
- The accuracy is comparatively more
- Combination of windows sensors with other detectors is a great way of protecting your house
- It can often result in false alarms in case of loud noises.
- The sensor will not be triggered if the intruder did not break-in through the window
How To Make The Right Choice?
Now we can make the right choice as we are well aware of the positives and negatives of both of them.
The choice totally depends upon you but if you prefer you can install both of them.
How is that beneficial?
Motion detectors will detect and catch the thief inside the house in case he succeeded in entering. Whereas, window sensors will catch the thief before he could enter the house. Therefore, for total security installing both of them might be the right decision. Choose some specific areas for installing the motion detectors and do not miss out on a single window in case of window sensors. Limit the number of motion detectors you install as we have already discussed the chances of false alarms is much more in the case of motion detectors. While installing window sensors you can go for glass break sensors as they are effective in detecting sound and the chances of false alarms are almost nil.
These were all the necessary points you require before making the right decision. Make sure you keep all the positives and negatives in mind before making the decision. For high security, install a proper combination of both.
How To Choose Between Motion Detectors And Window Sensors For High Security?
Types of Spy Cameras
Wireless Security Cameras: The Best Way to Keep an Eye on Your Home